Gauge Restoration

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gauge Restoration
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:01:45 EDT
List,

I've been successful at cleaning the gauges on the Spit to the point where
the tach & speedo needles don't flutter, the face plates and numbers look
good and I can actually read the gauges at night.

I was planning to do the same process/cleaning/oiling, etc. with the TR6
gauges for the restoration when I thought that just for kicks I'd check-out a
professional gauge restorer for a price estimate.....this is a direct result
of how you get totally consumed in restorations....it's kind of like what
happens after you install new carpet in your house and suddenly the wallpaper
and trim don't look good anymore!

So, I believe I recall seeing a name like "Naftzinger" on a previous thread
regarding gauge restoration....does that sound familiar with anyone....any
good stories?

Thanks,

chip (still sanding.....I have no finger nails left....this paint is going to
reflect cat's whiskers at 30 yards:)

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (complete rolling chassis finished - busy painting various
interior parts, assembling the engine and still doing body prep - check out
my progress by visiting http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (enjoying the summer)