Re: TR3 Engine Rebuild

To: Trmgafun@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Engine Rebuild
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:11:21 FILETIME=[F920ADF0:01C10EC1]
>From: Trmgafun@aol.com
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: TR3 Engine Rebuild
>Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:38:09 EDT
>
>Hi again,
>
>I have a TR3 engine that is in need of a complete rebuild.  Other than the
>workshop manuals that are available, have there been any TR2/3/4
>step-by-step
>engine rebuild articles written for assistance?
>
>Much thanks,
>
>Scott Helms

     Scott I think the Bentley book is pretty concise in this regard.

     It would be great to have someone who has done an engine
     rebuild before who would be willing to help you as you go at it (it
     doesn't have to be a TR engine but it would be better if it was).

     The Standard Vanguard is no the most difficult engine to work
     on. It was designed to agricultural standards (all that stuff we on
     the list blather about it being a "tractor engine is dead on)...

     As the Scotts would say: "Gang warily..."

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)