RE: Rant (was ballast resister voltage drop)

Subject: RE: Rant (was ballast resister voltage drop)
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:48:21 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
George :

Do the words "First, use the MSD resistor. Don't worry about what Crane
says." sound at all familiar ???

If not, perhaps you should read your own postings !

BTW, since you obviously didn't research your 'opinion', the MSD resistor is
0.8 ohms, while the Crane manual specifically says to use a 1.2 to 1.9 ohm
ballast.

"Will do no harm" is another one of those opinions, but the XR700 design is
known to have problems with excess power dissipation, and by using a low
resistance ballast in combination with a low resistance coil, you increase
the power dissipation inside the XR700 box.

Randall