TR3 exhaust mounting

To: wises@new.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 exhaust mounting
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:51:53 -0400
Hi Bob,
It is widely recommended that you switch to a TR4 mounting bracket. This is
a simple, single piece of angled steel that bolts to the rear of the
transmission, rather than the body. This way the pipes right there vibrate
along with the motor (and trans.) and any flexing relative to the body is
taken up at the rear mount, which of course has some rubber in it for that
purpose.
I know this doesn't directly answer your question but thought I'd mention
it since you're in there. The original TR3 clamping arrangement could be
responsible for the seal working loose, since motor vibration forces that
junction to move.
Regards,
Jim
From: Nancy and Bob Wise <wises@new.rr.com>
I am not able to get the cruciform muffler bracket (the one at the
joint between the front pipe and the first muffler--by the rear of
the transmission) to make a tight seal on my TR3 exhaust system.
Anybody BTDT? Suggestions?
Bob