Re: HELP me find my car!

To: spitlist@gte.net, sdaniels@gorge.net
Subject: Re: HELP me find my car!
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 23:41:50 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/6/2001 11:12:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spitlist@gte.net writes:

> Now wait just one minute!  The price aside, I would be willing to bet that
> your chances of finding a rust free TR6 in NY are considerably greater than
> finding a rust free Spit...
>
> Only recently have Spits begun to gain that much respect, unfortunately
> long after many of them have turned to brown powder!
>
> Right Andy?

Probably right on the recent respect, but I'm not sure about your theory of
the more-expensive-when-new TR6 being better cared for here and thus more
plentiful now. I have no hard numbers to prove either side of the argument;
you'll just have to take my word that there is no shortage of rotted Triumphs
in parts of NY, be they Spitfire or TR. :-(

--Andy Mace