Re: HELP me find my car!

To: Steve Daniels <sdaniels@gorge.net>
Subject: Re: HELP me find my car!
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 20:08:26 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Steve Daniels wrote:

> A rust free driver (in New York!) for two grand?  I think you'd
> best figure on spending at least three thousand more for a 6.
> You could probably find a Spitfire with that kind of budget,
> though.

Now wait just one minute!  The price aside, I would be willing to bet that your
chances of finding a rust free TR6 in NY are considerably greater than
finding a rust free Spit.  The reason being that people paid a great deal more
for the 6 and therefore would be much more likely to keep it indoors
during nasty weather.

Only recently have Spits begun to gain that much respect, unfortunately long
after many of them have turned to brown powder!

Right Andy?

Joe