RE: TR values for insurance

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR values for insurance
From: "Greg Bengeult (Seattle)" <gbengeult@dotcast.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:57:34 -0700
I recently had my '71 TR6 professionally appraised so that I could convince
my insurance company that it was worth enough to repair the accident damage.
It sounds like your '72 is in about the same condition as my car.  The
appraisal came in at just over $9000, which is somewhat inflated in my
opinion but I wasn't about to argue the point.

Value varies somewhat depending on location too.  I live in the Seattle
area.

Greg Bengeult
gbengeult@dotcast.com <mailto://gbengeult@dotcast.com>
+1.253.867.2006  phone
+1.206.898.7171  cell
+1.253.867.5301  fax

> Hi all
> My insurance is coming due (again) and I'm wondering what real world
values
> for my cars are.  I have a 72 TR-6, Body off restoration  with less than
> 10,000 miles since. It is in need of seat covers and the soft top is
getting
> a little tired, otherwise it is basically a "new car". White with red
> pinstripe and real Michelin red-walls.  Also has factory hardtop (been on
> once)
>
> Car #2 is a 66 TR4A, SA on wires (English dunlop 70 spoke):  mechanically
> restored 17,000 miles ago and currently being reassembled after a complete
> body restoration. (Westminster Blue over black interior) Most trim is NOS,
> excellent original or new ( ie fender beading)  Interior is original with
> new carpets and refinished dash.
>
> Any thoughts as to real value would be appreciated.
>
> Please note: they are NOT for sale. values are for insurance purposes
only.
> Thanks
> Don

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
image001.gif]