Re: TR Hubs Removal

To: <CarlSereda@aol.com>, <spitlist@gte.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR Hubs Removal
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 18:49:57 -0400
.

> In my own experience of 1982, I tried the biggest puller available for
rent,
> a sledge hammer, and fire - to no avail in removing my original TR4 hubs -
> and I'm pretty stubborn. After a week of 'no-go' I gladly paid a Jag
repair
> shop $250.00 to pull the hubs, replace the bearings and seals, and 'turn
the
> hubs' on a lathe to straighten them out from all the torture they went
> through (..his - not mine), and replace all the wheel studs new.

I work for an auto parts company, and dropped my axles off at a local truck
shop I deal with regularly...They removed the hubs after "shocking" them
with an air hammer while in a puller. Worked ok, but left little divots.
When I replaced them after rebuilding the trunnions, I put some anti seize
on the axles...

Scott