Re: BMW Isetta http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm

To: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BMW Isetta http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 18:02:01 GMT
>My to
>be brother in law owned an Isetta back around 1961/62

While at the Back to the 50s in Saint Paul, I saw a guy driving slowly (as all
the cars were required to do in a confined area with 10,000 cars) with the door
open.  I had never seen that before.  The door was open maybe halfway, so I
assume the steering wheel was at an odd angle.  The reason was obvious.  There
is not a heck of a lot of ventilation in an Isetta.

No worries about ventilation in the TR4 with the top off, but the engine might
get unhappy at sub-parade speeds.

Phil Ethier