Re: more numbers part 2

Subject: Re: more numbers part 2
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 23:16:05 -0400
 Phil-

re: Cranberries:
 They found them here a long time before there was a Wisconsin! ;) (Really!)

As to malls, I am mainly referring to any sort of entertainment beyond
cable- I lived in a small town in southern Maryland for a couple years where
you had to drive a good hour for anything beyond local watering holes and a
movie for night time entertainment, and WalMart was the social highpoint. I
loved the area, but man was it dull sometimes. I always said theres three
things you can do on a weekend in St Mary's County- Get Drunk, Get Laid,
Find someone to do the first two with, and thats about all.

Hate to mention it, but the company that owns "Mall of America" owns a
larger one- in Canada!(Forget where I saw that, but they had it on a TV news
show a couple weeks past)

But it is nice to hear from you :)
Scott

> From: Scott A. Roberts <herald1200@home.com>
>

> >Cranberries
> >are native to this area, and Ocean Spray gets them here.
>
> And Wisconsin.
>
> >(Your health can
> >thank southern NJ for cranberry juice) I could go on.
>
> And Wisconsin.
>
> >(Besides, we are only 20 minutes from a whole heck of a lot of
> >stuff that was hours away in Maryland- malls, people, real cities...)
>

> Dunno if it's something to be proud of, but Minnesota has the first
shopping
> mall (Southdale) and the largest (Mall of America, which we locals call
"the
> megamall") and the one that they pretended was in Penn. for the movie Mall
> Rats (Eden Prairie Center).
>
> Phil Ethier    Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
> 1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 Triumph TR4
CT2846L