Re: Age Related Discounts / Younger Owners (was: Further inducement to

To: "F. Grant Robertson" <f.g.robertson@alexiongroup.com>, "autoX-Trumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Age Related Discounts / Younger Owners (was: Further inducement to get you all to the 2001 convention...)
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 01:09:10 -0400
> Stereotypes and generalizations won't get you very far in this world, and
> they usualy end in you being wrong at a critical moment.  I belive you've
> reached yours.
>
> -Grant Robertson

I tend to think not, and opinions can never be incorrect they may be
misguided and not accepted by the majority but so are many things.

The problem that many of the replying listers are encountering is that when
they were young, these cars were still in production and they were subjected
to the site of Triumphs each day.  Even if they were in their developmental
years when the British motor industry collapsed, the cars were still new
enough to be seen on the roads on a daily basis.  Chances are someone you
knew once had one also, or you once had one in HS... or HS Football star had
one and you were jealous, so you own one now.  That's nostalgia, and
nostalgia is a wonderful basis for ownership of one of these vehicles.  The
cars are not common enough any longer on the roads for there to be adequate
public lust.

Kai