Re: Could anyone check their 3A please.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Could anyone check their 3A please.
From: Easton Family <eastonfamily@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:57:08 -0700
Cc: <Mike.Smith@bbdo.ca>
Hello Mike,

I checked the brake/clutch reservoir on my TR3A (TS53287) and have this to
report:  The reservoir on my car is positioned with the clutch outlet toward
the front of the car and the brake outlet toward the rear.  They are at an
angle (approx. 30 degrees.) with the clutch outlet away from the master
cylinders.  An imaginary line through both clutch and brake outlets would
intersect the rear of the brake master cylinder.

The reservoir is labeled "BRAKE" and "CLUTCH" in white on the side of the
can above the outlets.  The "CLUTCH" label faces the battery and the "BRAKE"
label faces the firewall in a position that would be visible from the
passenger seat by someone with x-ray vision.

There's a good photo of this arrangement on page 84 of "Original Triumph" by
Bill Piggott.  The photo appears to be of a right hand drive car so I'm not
sure what the passenger with x-ray vision would see.

Hope this helps.

Dave Easton
1959 TR3A