TR6 Oil Leak

To: "INTERNET:QAGroup@aol.com" <QAGroup@aol.com>
Subject: TR6 Oil Leak
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:21:53 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:QAGroup@aol.com
>Major oil leak between the sealing block and the front engine plate.  The
threads in the sealing block are toast and I want to helicoil them but will

need to remove the sealing block first.  My question - can I drop the oil
pan
and remove the sealing block with the engine in place?  Any other tricks in

sealing the sealing block?
<

Yes but getting the screws out of the timing chain cover is tricky.  Buy a
right angle screwdriver.  Another thing to consider is that the chain cover
also seals to this block and removing it will damage this gasket as well.
When I replaced my main bearings I cut a piece out of a replacement gasket
and globbed it up good with Form-a-Gasket No 2.  No leaks so far.  (I have
plenty of other leaks on this car).

Good luck

Dave