Re: Odd part request

To: MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com
Subject: Re: Odd part request
From: Philip E Bacon <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 20:48:36 -0500
Cc: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, 2000-Register@autox.team.net
I think a nail might be too soft...how about looking for a regular
household door butt hinge pin?  The 1/4" diameter sounds about right, the
length could be cut to fit, and it would be stronger than a nail...?
Seems to me a good hardware might also have a rivet that size

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:54:16 -0600 Kevin & Deana Brown
<MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com> writes:

>Greg,
>
>You might try a nail.  I know that 1/4 inch y 12 inch nails are
>available.  We used
>to use them when we were putting up timber bracing in a mine that I
>used to work
>in.
>
>Kevin Brown
>Odessa, MO
>
>Greg Gelhar wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am helping a friend who is restoring his 1953 Triumph Renown.  I
>have
>> disassembled the door hinges prior to replating.  One of the hinge
>pins was
>> broken making it hard to remove. Since repair parts are hard to come
>by, a
>> suitable pin can be made from what I hope is a standard size rivet.
>Does anyone
>> out their use or have available a 1/4 inch diameter round head rivet
>that is 1
>> 3/4 inches long or longer?  We would only require one.
>>
>> Greg Gelhar
>> 1980 TR8 dhc
>> "FUN 2BN"
>> Osseo,  MN