XKE clutch 70 hours What a con Job!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: XKE clutch 70 hours What a con Job!
From: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 20:17:04 -0000
Just to settle this argument once and for ever.

The official labour time for the clutch removal and fitment for a Jaguar E
type according to the UK I.C.M.E. 1972 manual is:

Series 1/2 1961/70 is 10.4 hours.
Series 3 1970/on    is 6.10 hours.

Any extra time shows that the fitter is incompetent and should go back to
training school!
Or he is an out and out con man.

Anyway enough of this Jaguar thread this is a Triumph list!

I will be pleased to answer any questions about recommended repair times I
have the manual (no it is not for sale).

Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O