RE: Ebay refund protocol

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ebay refund protocol
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:26:40 -0800
Bob :

Normally, I'd agree with the others, if the description is false or
deliberately misleading, the seller owes you a full refund, including shipping.
 (False advertising laws in most states allow for damages as well ...)

However, in this case, I note that the seller said only that the "starter
motor" was in good condition.  To my mind, the solenoid is a separate part from
the motor.  Barring some communication I don't know about, I'd say the
description was accurate, and you got a free, damaged solenoid with your
starter motor.

But, I'm not a TR6 owner, my experience has only been with TR3s (where the
solenoid mounts to the firewall) and American cars (where the starter mounted
solenoid usually does not come with a replacement starter and has to be bought
separately).

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver