Re: Commission Numbers

To: pbitton@axess.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Commission Numbers
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 18:52:03 EDT
In a message dated 09/17/2000 3:55:16 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
pbitton@axess.com writes:

>  I have 3 TR-6's but only one is gping to be on the road. Someone asked me
if
>  I can give them one of the commission numbers for his car. What should I
do?
>  Are they important even if the car is never going to see the road?
>
>  Thanks.
>
>  Patrick

Patrick,

I don't know what state you are in, and my experience is dated but year ago
when we had a salvage yard in Texas, the state would send a fellow in
periodically to make sure we had a title for every hulk on the yard.  He
would compare the titles to the vins on the cars.

Now if you are never going to restore the car, disassemble it completely and
give/sell himthe tub with the vin plate on it.  Then he can use the tub, or
transfer the plate as his concious warrents.

Just my thoughts.  I've seen titles and plates of "classic" cars for sale on
ebay as "momentos".

RH