Re: Stuck clutch???

To: "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@Home.com>
Subject: Re: Stuck clutch???
From: "Jerry Oliver" <slantws@Home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 19:34:33 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Larry
I really enjoy explaining this, as I had great fun doing it on my MGA with
the same problem. The temperate solution is, as George says, start the car
in gear  (makes sure you have a clear path and be ready to switch off the
engine) and use the brake and the accelerator to rev the engine against the
brake. Spinning the tires some is best. But, if that doesn't work, the more
aggressive approach is to jack the rear wheels up with a suitable trolley
jack, start the car in low gear, rev the engine up, and have an assistant
release the jack. The car will take off, spinning the tires and most likely
break loose the most stubborn clutch.
Jerry Oliver
Olympia, WA