Re: Commission plate overspray removal

To: garyb@fast.co.za, owner-triumphs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Commission plate overspray removal
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 18:37:35 EDT
OK, I've seen a few posts on removing overspray so now I'm going to add my
two cents from personal experience from having worked in a paint shop.  You
can use a chemical called Methyl Ethyl Ketone,use it on a clean rag to remove
overspray from a large area and for small areas or cleaning off areas with
details you wish to save, use a wooden cotton tipped swab.  The MEK will
remove all paint from a surface but the paint that has been intentional
applied has usually cured harder than the oversprayed paint and is a little
harder to remove.  We also used VM&P Naptha but it is not as "hot" as MEK but
also might work as well.  Hope this helps someone.

        Michael