RE: TR4 mounts -round or square?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR4 mounts -round or square?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 22:03:33 EDT
Seems to make sense to re-install your torque arm and rubber button Brian if
you have the round TR4 motor mounts.. if you've seen the torque in action
you'd see why the torque arm was added .. open the hood, put your brakes on
really really hard and put the gear in first and try to drive and you'll see
how much the motor torques!! (this can be dangerous - use utmost caution)
Later (perhaps with more torquey TR4As?? and/or the time lapse/experience
with round mounts)  the factory or somebody figured : why not just beef up
the two mounts?? - why they didnt do that in first place I don't know - maybe
had 10,000 round mounts to use up .. round ones probably absorb the vibes
better than beafier square ones?? FYI - was reading RevingtonTR catalogue
from UK and he sells uprated square mounts in polyurethane. Shear rates are
measured in SHORE - whatever that is. He says standard mounts are 50 SHORE he
sells uprated ones in 70 or 80 Shore.
For my application since I am making my TR4 motor at least 10-15 horsepower
stronger I'll probably go with standard square ones for later TR4As from Moss
USA - cost $18 each.

Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74