TR4A Noise

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A Noise
From: "Jerry Oliver" <slantws@Home.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:50:00 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
List
I need some collective wisdom from the list on some noises in my TR4A IRS. I
recently got the engine back in and made it to the shows the last few
weekends. In driving car sparingly, I noticed what I thought was muffler
pipe noise when going over rough ground. You can feel thumping under the
passenger seat as the car goes up and down over a speed bump or man hole
cover. I just removed  the entire SS exhaust system,   and drove the car to
the top of my drive way (it's got a slope), a let the car coast over some
grassy rough areas. The noise is still there, so it's in the drive line.
Either driveshaft, diff., half shafts or hubs. Anyone have suggestions where
to start?
Jerry Oliver
Olympia, WA