Ignitor

To: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Ignitor
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 20:46:30 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Sumner Weisman"
>I've had my Crane unit installed about 5 years now, and it's been great.
think the secret of success for any electronic device is... don't mount it
in a hot place!   Mounting it too near the engine, such as on the firewall,
seems to be a problem on a hot summer day.  Mine is on the adjacent inner
fender wall, as far as possible from the engine, but still easy to wire
neatly to the distributor.  Having a thermostatically controlled electric
fan also helps to keep the engine compartment cooler.  (I'll never win a
concours!)  For the first year I carried a spare set of points and
condenser, but I don't even to that any more.

Sumner Weisman
<

I installed a couple on Austin Healeys about 5 years ago and they are still
running.  And everyone knows how hot Healeys run!

I still have my spare points in the glove box of my TR6 but no problems
yet.

Thanks for the report.

Dave
57 TR3 (still have points)