Re: crash pad problems

To: "Tim Gaines" <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Subject: Re: crash pad problems
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:24:47 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Tim
A trick I use to hold threads whilst working a stuborn nut is to take
another nut as you suggest then cut a slot in it, the size you are working
on are small so use a junior hacksaw for the slot, then when you use the
vice grips, the nut will conform to the thread and stop it rotating easier
than pulling down will then when you have the original nut moving you can
push a screwdriver into the slot in the cut nut and open it slightly to
enable you to remove it. No idea on the reinstalation, sorry!
Good luck.

Graham.
2500 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite