TR6 Heritage bodyshell/chassis

To: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Subject: TR6 Heritage bodyshell/chassis
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:02:12 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Will
>I would appreciate advice from anyone who has used the heritage TR6
bodyshells & remanufactured chassis....

Last week, returning from France I suffered a burst tyre on an
autoroute, to cut it short we hit a concrete central reservation
(yes, concrete!), head on, span & clipped the tail before I could get
control again. From the roadside I figured my 6 was dead. However,
lying on a stretcher waiting for a doctor I began to wonder...I
reckon the cost of a bodyshell, chassis & labour will still be less
than the value of the rebuilt car, & anyway I don't want my 6 to die!
(I bought her in '83 & did a 'minor' body rebuild when I had a
driveway to work on, now I can't do much of the work myself: I'm in
London, 25 mins walk from the garage I rent which has no power,
water, etc.).
<

Will,

So sorry to hear about your mis-adventure.  Hope you recover tout de suite!

As far as body shells, there is a TR6 in Gaydon that is from a heritage
body shell.  I suggest you check it out as it is only an hour's drive for
you.  (maybe two)  And say hi to John for me!

Good luck.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA
57 TR3
71 TR6 (rebuilt.  twice.  Purchased in 1995)
80 TR8 (restoration nearly complete)