Re: Need TR3 wheels

To: "Dennis Lambert" <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Subject: Re: Need TR3 wheels
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 20:30:30 -0700
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hey Dennis,
     I am surprised that more people are not responding to this. Maybe they
are doing it off-list. Here is my $.02, someone help me if I am wrong.

     My TR-3A had three different wheels on it which I believe represent
TR-2, TR-3 and TR-4 wheels.
     The TR-2 wheel is 4 inches wide. The wheel was made by rolling the
steel into a round shape and then welding the ends together. There is a
welded seam running athwartships (a good nautical phrase). All in all, it
looks pretty flimsy and it is probabley not a safe wheel. It would be an
okay spare, I guess.
     The TR-3 wheels are 4.5 inches wide. They were formed by taking a
circle of steel with a hole in the center and then forming it into the wheel
shape. Then it was riveted to the center section by 9 rivets in 3 groups of
3. It looks like a good wheel.
     The TR-4 wheels look externally like the TR-3 wheel, but are 5 inches
wide and the rim is attached to the outer section by 9 massive spot welds in
3 groups of 3. it looks like the best wheel.
     I have the TR-4 wheels in front and TR-3 wheels in the back.
     Insanity is the result of an accurate mind overtaxed. I am a lost
cause.
     Good luck
     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA