Re: TR6 Cam Shaft Problem...big one

To: Rob C Swift <RobSwift@PetCentre.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Cam Shaft Problem...big one
From: Shawn Loseke <shawn@swo.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 09:58:59 -0600
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
If your valves aren't fully closing, I think you would have a bigger
problem in the way of burnt valves. If the valves weren't closing at
Idle, then why they would they be closing at any other point. Our cars
don't have variable valve technology.  I would look elsewhere. Try
leaning the carbs out more so you can pass then re-adjust, or check your
ignition system.
 If you can find a friendly mechanic that will let you tune it on the
test machine before the test. He might also let you re-tune it
afterwards. Otherwise you would have to do it out of sight from the
inspectors. It is technically illegal, but it has been going on since
the inception of the smog testing.