Re: TR6 engine questions (smog)

To: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 engine questions (smog)
From: "Hugh Barber"<trnut@cwnet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 08:39:21 PDT
John,

I believe that the '74 head will bolt to the '69 block if you use the head
gasket
intended for the '69 block (later blocks have a recess around each cylinder
bore and use a different head gasket).  Your '74 head will most likely be
thicker
than a '69 and give you a lower compression ratio.  Also the intake port
spacings
are different between early (pre '73) and late ('73 on) heads, so you need to
fit a late intake manifold and gasket to your '74 head.  The compression
difference
can be fixed by milling the head - I can't remember how much, but the TR6
competition
preparation manual has data on that.

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber