Book - auction find

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Book - auction find
From: "Ian Viles" <ianviles@derbysmoths.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 23:31:22 +0100
A friend who collects old books about natural history recently purchased a
box of books at auction for a few GBPs. Amongst the books was 'Modern Motor
Engineering and Repair' in 4 vols., published in 1956. Knowing my interest
in cars, he has given the set to me. They are fascinating, covering every
subject of maintenance and repair (just about every component seemed to have
been considered to be repairable) - even plans for garage service bays and
some super historic photographs.
Of particular interest - vol. 4 contains service data sheets and wiring
diagrams for 100 makes of car. Included are, for example, AC Ace, TR2 and 3,
Swallow Doretti and even Allard Palm Beach Type 21C (whatever they are)!
Ian Viles (Derbyshire)
73 TR6