suggested garage tools?

Subject: suggested garage tools?
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 10:01:53 -0600
A buddy of mine who, btwn sales jobs, is working for his Jag mechanic -- but
really, what Jag owner isn't "working for his Jag mechanic" at least
indirectly....  ;-)

Okay, seriously, one of the mechanics at this shop had some girlfriend trouble,
led to money trouble, led to a career change. So the guy is selling his
"complete" set of Snap-on tools, my buddy says worth maybe $12-15K, asking $7K
and willing to take payments.

Now, I've got a "new" TR4 and a modest tool collection, so a bunch of Snap-on
cabinets full of tools would look really nice lining the garage. OTOH, I've got
an engine rebuild to pay for....

What would you do?

This past week I started thinking about doing the engine rebuild [mostly]
myself, and figured I'd buy a beer fridge for the garage and then "invite" Rocky
Mountain Triumph Club members by the house to "see" my car -- leaving an array
of tools handy. Do you suppose a complete set of Snap-on tools would further
this evil scheme?

Dave Massey, are you listening? I made the bed in the guest suite. :-)

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO