Re: Suggested boot tools?

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Suggested boot tools?
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 19:33:25 -0700
Jeff McNeal wrote:

> Here's what I plan on taking:
>
> .... 19. Empty aluminum can

Why not take a full can of Guinness?  You can always empty it in case of an
emergency (such as while waiting for the tow truck).

Some other suggestions...

-- A length of 12 or 14 ga wire with an alligator clip at each end for quick
testing/temporary repair
-- An electric fuel pump rather than a mechanical spare, also useful for
pumping fluifs in the garage
-- Make sure the jack will fit under the car when the tire is flat
-- Small container of Alumaseal or some other non-goopy radiator sealer
-- An ignition wire w/spark plug boot as long as your longest wire
-- I keep an open end ½" wrench alongside the battery in case I need to unhook
a cable pdq

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson, AZ