Re: Suggested boot tools?

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Suggested boot tools?
From: Mark Dickinson <amdickin@ucalgary.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 18:41:25 -0600
Cc: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Jeff

Sounds to me like you might as well tow a spare spit!  As for the gun...huh?  I
suppose that must be some sort of American humor.  In all honesty the list
sounds pretty complete after the suggestions of a full wrench set and so on.
(Good call on the sun block.)  I've never had the pleasure of knock offs but is
a 4lb hammer really necessary?  Could you make do with a regular hammer and a
strudy block of wood?  All that gear is going to get pretty heavy.  As for the
spare parts only you know what you've recently replaced...take a spare of the
rest that is prone to failure.  I had an old '72 VW Campmobile with all sorts
of electrical wonders (dash fire while going through Banff).  I would suggest a
crimping tool and some misc connectors to go along with the spare wire.  If you
are a stickler for doing it right the first time you might consider some heat
shrink tubing and/or electrical tape to seal the exposed connectors from the
rain.  A 'Bic' lighter will suffice for the shrinking.  Then concider a
flashlight for those after dark occasions.  If you ever do any mountain driving
be sure to take a candle (and matches/lighter) and a blanket.  It can get cold
in a mountain pass even in the middle of summer.