Re: TR4 Front Calipers

To: keithmcgahan@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: TR4 Front Calipers
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 15:10:04 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 03-Apr-00 14:19:20 Eastern Daylight Time,
keithmcgahan@hotmail.com writes:

> I am about 85% done with the restoration on my TR4, but I have now come to
>  point where I must ask a question. The PO seperated the front brake
calipers

>  and now I don't know if I should put them back together or buy new ones.
>  According to Moss the Front brake calipers are not suppose to seperated
>  becuase the correct torque setting are not know. Does anyone have any
>  suggestions

Keith, we had a thread on this about 2 years ago.  If I remember correctly
[don't ask my wife about that :-) ] -- I think TRF technical department had
the torque specs for  the calipers.  I do recall that although the
recommendation was to not open them, they could be put back together
correctly without much of a problem.  Cheers.

Art Kelly