Re: Wheel Bearings 101

To: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>, "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel Bearings 101
From: "Mike Barron" <jmikebarron@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:14:13 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
When I was a kid, I had the local mechanic pack the front bearings on
a 51 dodge Business coupe.    Bearings went bad right away, and
another mechanic told me that overpacking a bearing could produce
heat, which somehow causes problems........OK, I was just a kid and I
believed him, but I would finally like to have this part of my
misspent youth straightened out.   Anybody ever heard of this?

Mike Barron