Wheel Bearings 101

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel Bearings 101
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:51:35 -0500
I'm sure some of you will get a chuckle out of this one...FT, Brad and Henry
come to mind :^), but while I do know how to pack grease in a wheel bearing,
I'm not sure how much grease to put in the hub itself (front end of a TR3).
Do I fill 'er up or just grease the bearings and slap some on the stub axle?
When I took it apart, there was quite a bit of grease in there, but it was
mostly around the perimeter of the cavity. Doesn't seem like that would do
much good. Any suggestions from the BTDT crowd? Thanks, folks!

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L