Painting wire wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Painting wire wheels
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:19:40 EST

Anyone have any thoughts about a process to prep and
repaint wire wheels?   There's lots of crud and some
surface rust, but things are otherwise sound.  Do I
look to a body/paint shop and say "sand/bead blast,
prime, and paint", and pay my $$?  I started a DIY
effort some time back on my spare, and realized that
it was going to be a long process with a wire brush
and a drill (and probably not the best paint job
using spray cans)!  Hints?  Maybe just buy new? :-(

Anyone in the Atlanta area know a place to get such
a process done?

Cheers,
Joe
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com