Re: Take care !

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, fot@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Take care !
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:52:56 EST
In a message dated 00-03-13 17:42:15 EST, jonmac@ndirect.co.uk writes:

<< In the event that any
 lister wishes to speculate on the weight of a TR6 or 2500 saloon diff in an
unfettered
 condition and filled with oil - I can assure you it's heavy - VERY. >>

John,

Not good news and I wish you a speedy recovery....I can add to your encounter
by saying that the TR6 diff is also no lightweight....during my chassis phase
of restoration, I was struggling with the last stubborn nut on the 6 diff
when the diff decided to break free and gently roll off of the hydraulic jack
I had under to support it while I was trying to hold onto it to break its
fall to the concrete below.  Since I was leaning over it and my back gave me
a gentle warning of overload, I let go in time to avoid injury...it only fell
about 6 inches sideways to the floor....no damage but they are heavy
indeed.....good luck again, John:)

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (on the road for 2000)