Re: TR6 - Carpet over Tranny Cover

To: "Martin Gonzales" <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 - Carpet over Tranny Cover
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 07:46:53 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gonzales <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>
To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, March 10, 2000 6:28 PM
Subject: TR6 - Carpet over Tranny Cover

>I am putting in a new carpet in my TR6 and would appreciate suggestions as
>putting in the new carpet over the transmission and drive shaft covers.
How
>do you attach the carpet to the covers, without the carpet bunching up and
>so that it is removable at some future date?

If you have the original cardboard driveshaft cover, there are large, male
snaps on it that the original carpet  snapped onto. The female snaps are
typically not included with the replacement carpet sets. The same goes for
the original cardboard trans cover. I still have the original driveshaft
cover, and when I replaced my trans cover with a fiberglass replacement
(this was before the "space age plastic" covers came onto the market), I
removed the snaps from the old trans cover and re-installed them in the new
cover.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
TR4A CT52499 VSCDA Group 2 #58