Re: Strombergs vs double webers vs triple webers from the non mechanic

To: VK0216@aol.com
Subject: Re: Strombergs vs double webers vs triple webers from the non mechanic
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 07:46:57 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

My TR6 has a stock engine - original Strombergs, original ignition
configuration, etc.  In four years all I have had to do is to change the
plugs and keep the oil in the Strombergs.  I have not touched the
carburetters and the car runs well.  The original Lucas equipment also
functions well.  All my car gets is regular oil changes.

I did rebuild the body/interior, but never touched the engine.  So, I
don't think we can say, as a blanket statement, that Stromberg carbs give
problems, and the solution is to go to Webers.

Originality is an issue with these cars, and perhaps you can find a
mechanic who can adjust/repair/replace the Strombergs, if that is your
preference.  A well set up pair of Strombergs should give no problems :-)
and will maintain the original configuration as you want.

Robert Carley
Ontario, Canada