RE: Diff oil-which one

To: "'Douglas Frank'" <frank@zk3.dec.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Diff oil-which one
From: "Ferguson, Michael" <FergusonML@aetna.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:57:57 -0500
To quote TRF's 1998 Triumph TR2 & TR3 Glove Box Companion (page 109)...

"All TR2, TR3, TR3A and TR3B models have brass synchro cups and brass bushes
in the gearbox, and their diffs may also have some brass or bronze
components...Castrol recommends changing to Hypoy gear oil with the 'GL4'
spec."

They go on to say that GL4 is available only in 5 gallon containers, but
that they sell it in the 1 qt size. That may be true for Castrol, but I've
found 90wt GL4 hypoy in both Pep Boys and Sears Hardware...1 qt, $2-3. I
forget the brand, but I'm pretty sure they both sell the SAME brand.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!  :^)