RE: The re-emergence of Triumph?

To: "'Randall'" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: The re-emergence of Triumph?
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 18:55:46 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"

>Randall sez:
>And based on the number of people my age that say "Hey, I used to have
>one of those", there might still be some magic left in the Triumph name,
>too.  What better way to recapture one's youth but in a Triumph ? <g>

True, there could be enough momentum remaining for a revival of sorts,  but
I fear
we'd find a familiar name stuck to yet another 'jellybean' shaped car.
Triumphs have wonderfully distinctive styling, it would be tough to capture
without appearing dated.  The new Jaguar tried it with the grille design,
we'll see how that works out.
Bob Westerdale