Thrust Washers Comment

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thrust Washers Comment
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 23:58:44 -0800
Maybe my thrust washers are worn(although they dont look it) but the whole
concept of the way they are loosely held in place and allowed to slosh around
in that slot really makes you wonder what were they thinking when they came up
with this design. I realize the load is inline with the engine and you want a
bit of 'slosh' but the slop seems too big.

Its no wonder they wear on the ends(since their only half washers).

Its no wonder they end up in the oil pan.