Re: TR6 PI

To: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 PI
From: Anthony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:58:34 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, Jason Sherlock <jason.sherlock@birdstep.com>
Erik,

I've no experience to go on, but both Mike Pumford (who is widely quoted as
THE PI person to talk to) and Egil Kvaleberg made reference of the need to
upgrade seals for unleaded fuel.    Also a number of Ozzie replies to my
enquiries have referenced the breakdown of the outlet seals in  particular
(that block the feed to the injectors).

In the context of my reply, starting afresh as I am, and as Jason would be,
then an overhaul is a wise precaution and a good opportunity to get
everything up to spec.  If a PI-equipped car is running fine on unleaded,
then as you suggest, leave well enough alone.

Tony