Help in choice of carpets etc.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help in choice of carpets etc.
From: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 00:14:11 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Dear List,

I have a number of questions regarding replacement trim for a 1966 TR4A. I
hope some members of the list may be able to advise.
I have studied Bill Piggots book and find it a little vague as what should
be original on my particular car. I am striving for total originality.

I have asked this question before but did not receive a satisfactory
conclusive answer.

Did the 1966 model TR4A originally have looped pile carpets like the TR4 or
cut pile like the TR6?
For a black interior trimmed car were the carpets also black or dark grey?

I am situated in UK any first hand recommendations for a supplier of
interior trim to original spec.?

TR Shop in London have just introduced a moulded centre console(dash to
floor support) retrim kit which I understand is made in USA. Is this the one
marketed by Victoria British? and if so has anyone fitted one?

Regards
Adrian