Re: Help with TR3 Silentbloc bush

Subject: Re: Help with TR3 Silentbloc bush
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 15:28:49 -0800
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Warren :

Take a hacksaw blade, insert it through the center of the outer shell,
and carefully cut through the outer shell.  Try to keep the blade
parallel to the shell, so you don't cut into the steering arm, although
a small notch won't hurt anything.  Once you've cut most of the way
through the shell, you should be able to drive the shell out with a
punch and BFH.

A new silentbloc has a washer on top that keeps the center pin from
being pulled through the shell, even if the rubber doesn't.  It's plenty
strong enough for service, but seems to usually break first when you
start trying to pry the silentbloc pin out of the idler/pitman arm.  My
guess is your old silentbloc had the washer at one time, but a DPO
snapped it off trying to disassemble things.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver
Lakewood, CA