Max Cruise RPM?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Max Cruise RPM?
From: Steve <wsteve@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 07:35:41 -0800
Listers
I just got my girlfriend's TR6 back on the road after rebuilding the engine.
Since she is a little nervous about driving it until I can prove to her it
is reliable I have had the pleasure of cruising around in it with the top
down as the weather here in So. Cal has been so nice for the past few days.
While driving the freeway I will have to maintain or exceed 4000 rpm if I
want to keep up with traffic, the TR has a non-OD trans.

My question is: what is the maximum continuous safe, for the engine, rpm?

Thanks
Steve Wilkinson