RE: Tr 4-Speedometer Cable & O/D Lube

To: "'Graham Stretch'" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>, bruce britt <bebritt@gate.net>
Subject: RE: Tr 4-Speedometer Cable & O/D Lube
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 07:47:46 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: List Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bruce,
FWIW, on page 109 of the latest TRF TR-2&3 catalog, it says that GL5 has a
limited slip additive that will corrode brass (syncro cups, bras bushes,
etc.), while GL4 does not contain this additive.  The local Pep Boys store
sells both GL5 and GL4 gear oil for about two bucks a quart.  I used the GL4
in by tranny (non-OD, sigh...) just in case.  I realize this catalog is not
_the_ authoritative source, but this may be worth a thought.
Dennis