Tr 4-Speedometer Cable & O/D Lube

Subject: Tr 4-Speedometer Cable & O/D Lube
From: "bruce britt" <bebritt@gate.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:58:42 -0500
Listers,

Sorry to start this thread, but how far is the inner core
supposed to stick out of the speedometer end of the housing?
Seems I remember in the past someone mentioning new
cables may have to be trimmed, to keep from putting too
much pressure on the magnet.

I really hate to mention this, but I'm confused on the proper Lube to
put in my O/D-Transmission. I drained out whatever was in it, and put in
valvoline 85-90 gear lube. GL4, GL5 rating. After about a 1000 miles or
so my O/D started taking a long time to engage. I've heard/read to use
engine oil, that gear lube has sulphur or something that damages internal
parts made of certain materials.

TIA,

Bruce        64  TR 4  CT-37049LO
bebritt@gate.net