Re: Steering Wheel Reconditioning

To: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Reconditioning
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:35:35 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Philip,
I think you will find the spokes are chrome over mild steel if this is the
case and you have micro bubbles under the chrome you should consider the
fact that unless you can clean this right back or remove completely  it will
continue to deteriorate. (any one else have that feeling).
To clean right back and having access to a shot blast cabinet at work, I
would wrap several layers of tape (duct or masking) round the leather bits
to protect them from shot then blast very carefully avoiding directing the
shot right at the leather bit, I would use some form of treatment on the
leather to stop the tape from sticking. I have heard that intensive care
hand lotions are very good for leather, our neighbour used several bottles
on his Jag interior (looks good).
Graham.