Re: Primary Car

To: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Primary Car
From: "Beth & Ken" <bethken@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:35:42 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Bill (and listers without humor),

Thanks. It was a JOKE. Think about it...nobody was called stupid. The whole
thread referred to anybody who would use a Triumph for their primary
transportation. I said you had to be brave (because the cars's are not as
reliable as your basic Honda...really, they're not), self employed (the joke
here was that you can break down, miss work, and survive), stupid (not to
realize that your car wasn't meant to be primary transportation when you've
spent all your time and money just getting it to run), or live on a bus line
(you know...when it breaks down). Obviously, somebody was called stupid too
many times by Mommy and had a flashback to a bad childhood. Or else, I made
the error in thinking (primate that I am), that a group of beer swilling,
knucklebusting, mechanically inclined gents such as myself, understood the
gist of it.

Geeeeeesshhhhhh !!!

ken shapiro
baltimore