Re: 72 TR-6 Vacume Advance

To: chester masterson <cmasterson99@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 72 TR-6 Vacume Advance
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:48:24 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Chet,

        This is an area that confuses the heck out of me, but not
        that concerned either. However, on my '72 TR6, there seems
        to be only a retard mechanism and no advance. Could that
        be true? Anyway, these systems only do their job at low
        rpms (at least that's what I've convinced myself). So. I've
        never really put much effort into getting mine to work
        properly.

        But to answer your question, I don't believe there is anything on the
        carb that could be adjusted. There might not even be a hose connection
        depending upon whether the preious owner(s) changed model year
        carbs or not.

        Jeff Nathanson